Frequently Asked Questions

Are Ip-Addresses Saved In Shopware?

Which ip-addresses are saved in Shopware? IP-adresses will be saved in a regular Shopware-installation. These are used to identify users in your shop in four different cases. s_order The ip-address of an order can be found in the...

read more

How can I disable the selection of payment method and shipping type in the cart?

By default the '''Selection of payment method, shipping type and shipping country''' is already displayed by changing to the cart even before the registration or login of the customer. The payment methods in the cart (before the login) are used...

read more

Import/Export: Frequent questions and errors

Import/Export: Frequent questions and errors In this wiki article we will describe some questions and errors that occur more often in the import/export advanced module. Specific hints and tutorials for the different profile types you find in...

read more

How can I sort variants?

Sorting variant groups and options happens in the articles backend module: [img|1|5] By default the variant groups '''(1)''' and options '''(2)''' were sorted by ID. To change the sorting you have to change the sorting by drag&drop in the...

read more

Shopware Advanced Features

Introduction Shopware’s Advanced Features are unique tools that come included with every '''commercial license''' of Shopware, starting with the Professional Edition (PE). It is not possible to purchase these plugins if you are using the...

read more

Install & update via shell

Introduction Shopware can not only installed via browser, it can also be installed and updated by shell to install and update your instances automatically or scripted. In the following article we describe how that works....

read more

Apple iOS 9.3.3 user agent solution

Error description and reason With the current iOS Version 9.3.3 a problem occurs by adding items to the cart. The reason for that is that Apple's User-Agent is recognised by Shopware as a bot so that some Shopware functions e.g. adding items...

read more

Update to php7

Introduction With reaching version 5.1.0 the Shopware core supports php7. With the release of Shopware 5.2.0 also the premium plugin will be delivered open source. The License Manager is only needed, when you use 3rd-party plugins which are...

read more

AGPL / FAQ

Which Shopware versions are affected by this different license? The Affero General Public License v3 (AGPLv3) only applies for the Shopware Community Edition (version 4.0 and higher). The Shopware Community Edition (CE) is licensed...

read more

Licensing and installing a licensed plugin

How can i add a license key and install a licensed plugin? A few plugins in the Shopware-Commmunity-Store can only be installed and used in addition to a license-key. In the following tutorial, we´ll show you how to add a license-key in the...

read more

Sending emails via provider (SMTP)

Message encoding The information you send to your provider is encoded,'''not''' encrypted. The encoding defines the character - set - depth and also enables the possibility to send something as text in the email. This function is managed by RFC...

read more

Item numbers in Shopware

Item number structure in Shopware The item number must contain a combination of at least 4 alphanumeric characters must be unique in the entire shop! Allowed characters are: * Alphanumeric characters: '''0-9 A-Z''' * Additional...

read more

Preventing customers from ordering without an account

Preventing customers from ordering without an account In Shopware the customer has the possibility to place an order without first creating a customer account. Upon registering, the visitor will be asked whether they wish to create an...

read more

Can i paste my in Word written texts into Shopware?

Basically it's possible to paste in Word written text in Shopware. However, you have to keep in mind that Word uses invisible styling code, which you copy to Shopware. This may cause massive display issues. To avoid this, you can consider the...

read more

Why do I see PayPal orders in canceled orders?

This may have multiple reasons: Sandbox active or wrong settings In the plugins settings the sandbox is active, but must be disabled in a live environment. Additionally check the other settings for accuracy. Customer aborted The order...

read more

Why i get logged out from the bachend?

This can have multiple reasons: * At opening the Shopware backend, you used not the license domain. To be sure, everytime use the license domain (with or without www.) to get into your backend. * If a second user is logging in into the backend...

read more

How can i deactivate my shop?

To "deactivate" your shop you have the follwing 2 possibilities: * '''Maintenance mode:''' Over the basic settings you can activate the '''Maintenance mode''', after clearing the cache the frontend is not usable anymore. *...

read more

How can I change the position of the country flag in the frontend?

The flag position is defined by the position setting of each country in the '''Country settings''' in '''Configuration > Basic settings > Shop settings > Countries'''. '''Example:''' In your english main shop german should appear between...

read more

How to configure and activate an SSL certificate

What exactly is SSL / TLS? generally, SSL / TLS stands for a network protocol to transfer data safely. TLS thereby is the follower of SSL. If you secure the connection to your shop with SSL /TLS, the transferred data is encrypted so that...

read more

Turning a variant item back into a lead item

How did i turn a variant item back into a lead item? If you uncheck the box "Variants" from an existing variant item, you turn the existing variant item back into a lead item. The problem is, that at this point the inactive variants items...

read more